Design team member of Alpha Stamps, lover of ephemera and junk.

Welcome! Grab a cold one, kick off your shoes, and have a look around.

Friday, November 22, 2013

Pixie and Trixie, the Peppermint Twins

One thing I love about Craftster is the opportunity to swap with other members. My partner in the Vintage Christmas swap just received the package I sent her, so now I can post it here. She had a lot of peg dolls on her Pinterest, and I thought they were adorable, so I decided to try my hand at making a couple. She named them Pixie and Trixie, the Peppermint Twins, which I think suits them to a tee.
 

I gave each of the girls something to hold: the brunette has a couple of Christmas packages and an oversized ornament, while the blonde is holding a tiny tree and a "Merry Christmas" banner. Originally I designed them to both hold a banner that said "joy", but I really wasn't happy with the way it looked, so I decided they'd each be happier standing on their own.

Here's the blonde. The banner was cut from a sheet of scrapbook paper. Its flagstaff is a bamboo skewer. Both of the skirts were made by hand sewing a pre-made ruffle around the peg pin. 

The brunette's ski cap is actually an acorn top. I glittered around the bottom and made a little clay pom pom for the top.

Here's an adorable "vintage" shot my partner took. I love this effect!
I have four more sets of pegs to make other dolls. Hmmm.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...