Design team member of Alpha Stamps, lover of ephemera and junk.

Welcome! Grab a cold one, kick off your shoes, and have a look around.

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Vintage Look Christmas Ornament

Do you ever just wake up and think, "I need to make something today."? I did, just this morning. I didn't want to just start something, I wanted to spend a little time in the craft room and make a little project, start to finish.

So, a Christmas ornament. I used a round tin, some scrapbook paper, micobeads, faux pearls, some tinsel, a few rhinestone stars, and a bottlebrush tree and a little vintage plastic Santa.

The snow on the bottom is Apoxie Sculpt clay with microbeads pushed into it. The clay is so great to use because I just simply pushed the tree and the Santa into it and it holds them in place. 
Not a lot to it, but I love its sweet, simple vintage look. And it looks great on the tree.

3 comments:

  1. Oh! This is so cute! Can you tell me where you got the tin? My friend wants to come over next Sat. with her kids to make Christmas crafts and this seems like the perfect idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @BucksCountryFolkArt: I got the tin from Alpha Stamps. You can find a similar tin here: http://www.alphastamps.com/p12774/Large_Round_Tins/product_info.html?osCsid=e3e9e8de693d5818310743704f4a8876

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...