Design team member of Alpha Stamps, lover of ephemera and junk.

Welcome! Grab a cold one, kick off your shoes, and have a look around.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

ATC Book Bee Shrine

I have a friend who is a beekeeper. We did a swap together and she asked me to make her a bee shrine. This ATC Book Box is the perfect size! I got some fun papers and some bee charms and set to work. I love using stripey papers on the sides because it reminds me of pages of a book.

When you open it up, this is what you see. The honeycomb pattern was made using a Tim Holtz stencil and some ink. I made a faux front for the inside niche, and added a large Victorian bee charm that was given a copper patina.

Here's what you would find if you were to remove the faux front: I painted the interior a metallic copper color for reflectivity, and added a battery operated tea light. The cardboard pieces you see along the walls are for support, so that when you add the wall, it will have a nice place to sit.

Look how cool it looks in the dark! It's fun using light as one of the "supplies" for projects.

The ATC Book Box comes with some tags, so I embellished them a bit and added them in for my friend to use later for gift tags. Love that beehive stamp! I also used it on the spine of the box.

As always, most of my supplies, including the beehive stamp and the ATC Book Box, came from Alpha Stamps. For a supply list and links to purchase, click here.

3 comments:

  1. belle réalisation.. lumineuse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. You have such great & unique ideas . I am stumped as to the flowers you used on the front-would love to know where they came from. Wish I was the recipent.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...